InfoNile Reporting Grant 2019 for Young Journalists
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Applications are open for the InfoNile Reporting Grant 2019. InfoNile invites young journalists in the Nile Basin countries to submit proposals for in-depth investigative multimedia journalism stories on climate change impacts and youth-initiated solutions in rural communities of Nile Basin.
These stories are part of a series of stories focusing on climate change and youth-driven initiatives in mitigating the effects of climate change funded by CIVICUS and will also feed into a final data journalism project including interactive maps and stories. Story pitches should focus on the local impacts of climate change and/or innovative adaptation solutions initiated by young people in the journalist’s country. While much has been said about the global science of climate change, they want you to connect the science, theory and country-level data to the reality of how people in your country are being affected on a daily basis.
- Applicant must be under 35 years old
- You must be working as a freelance or staff journalist in one of the Nile Basin countries: Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, or Egypt.
To apply, submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A one page proposal outlining your story idea. Proposals should be clearly structured, stating briefly at the outset what the story idea is, followed by how and where the story will be researched, what it aims to reveal or contribute, where you will publish (specific media organizations), and the intended impact of the story. The proposal should also include a plan for incorporating data. Please note how you will use multimedia (video, photos, audio, and graphics along with text). You should also include a moderate proposed budget
- A resumé/CV
- Two samples of published/broadcast work. Links to the published stories are also are accepted
- Letter of support from your editor, stating that your media house/s will publish / telecast / broadcast your story.
For more information, visit InfoNile Reporting Grant.