Women Startup Challenge Europe HealthTech 2019 ($50,000 Equity-free cash grant)
Deadline: August 1, 2019
Applications are invited for the Women Startup Challenge Europe HealthTech 2019. The Women Startup Challenge Europe HealthTech will showcase 10 of the best early-stage, women-led healthtech startups from across Europe, and those in the US with a presence in Europe.
Launched in partnership with Craig Newmark, founder of craigslist and Craig Newmark Philanthropies, the Women Startup Challenge is on a mission to close the funding gap and shakeup a culture and economy that’s made it exceedingly difficult for women to launch startups and raise capital. They provide funding, mentoring, and other resources for women who are creating the most innovative tech companies to help scale their products.
Prizes and Cost
- Prizes include $50,000 as an equity-free cash grant, one-on-one mentoring with investors, among other critical startup services
- All finalists must pay their own travel and accommodations to the final Pitch Competition in Paris on October 7, 2019.
- Your startup must be focused on healthtech
- Your tech venture must be at the prototype stage or have already launched
- You cannot be in concept stage. Your applications must be submitted in English
- All finalists pitches must be done in English
- Your startup must incorporate technology into the approach of your product, which allows the company to rapidly and massively scale in a manner that traditional, independent small businesses cannot. Please note that using tech (i.e. hosting a blog, selling products on your website, or using social media in your marketing) does not qualify as using tech to scale on a mass level nationally and globally
- Fast growing with degrees of innovation and technology
- You’ve raised less than €2.1M from combined sources
- You are a technical founder or you have a technical cofounder. Note: If you are not a technical co-founder and you don’t have a technical co-founder, please email the organizers and tell them more about your setup
- You are a woman-led startup – defined as at least having at least one woman founder or co-founder on the team. Note: Women Who Tech uses an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female”, and they welcome transwomen, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who identify, have identified, or have been identified as female or woman
- All ideas must be original work or an improvement upon an existing idea without infringements
- Your startup must be located within Europe or based in the US with a presence in Europe. Agencies or consulting businesses are not eligible unless you have created a product that fits the above criteria
- Prior Women Startup Challenge finalists are not eligible to apply unless they have a new startup and new product.
- Finalists from the Women Startup Challenge Podcast are, however, eligible to apply for the in-person pitch competition
- All applications must be submitted in English, and all pitches must be conducted in English.
For more information, visit Women Startup Challenge.