ITC SheTrades Invest Program 2019 for Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: September 30, 2019
The International Trade Centre (ITC) is calling on women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses to apply to join SheTrades Invest Program for an opportunity to receive training and ultimately finance to grow their businesses.
The International Trade Centre’s SheTrades initiative aims to connect 3 million women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses to international markets by 2021. Under the umbrella of the SheTrades Initiative, SheTrades Invest is dedicated to supporting fruitful relationships between investors and women entrepreneurs in developing markets. In doing so, SheTrades Invest addresses the sixth global action of the SheTrades initiative – unlocking financial services for women-owned businesses.
SheTrades Invest will strengthen the financial and managerial capacity of women entrepreneurs, improve their investment readiness, connect them to impact investors and financier and build a pipeline for investors of women-owned businesses and SMEs that are benefitting women.
- Access to a range of local, regional and global investors and impact investors
- Access to capacity-building/technical assistance from ITC
- Increased level of competitiveness and a deeper understanding of business practices, trade and investment.
- Open to women-owned businesses in the countries in which SheTrades has partner investors across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America.
- The enterprise must comply with at least one of the three criteria below:
- Be at least 51% owned by woman/women;
- Be at least 20% owned by woman/women, has at least one woman as CEO/COO/President/Vice President; and has at least 30% of the board of directors composed of women, where a board exists; or
- Be a SME benefitting women.
The second phase of SheTrades Invest will be covering the following sectors: agriculture; artisan; culture; education; energy; environment; financial services; health; housing development; information and communication technologies; Infrastructure and facilities development; manufacturing; supply-chain services; technical assistance services; textile and clothing; tourism; transport and logistics; and water.
Apply below by filling out the survey in your preferred language (existing applicants should only apply again if their details have changed):
For investors who are interested to join SheTrades Invest and build a pipeline of women entrepreneurs, please send an email to [email protected]
For more information, visit ITC SheTrades Invest.