Ashoka Young Changemaker Program – Bangladesh 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: October 15, 2019
Apply now for the Ashoka Young Changemaker – Bangladesh 2019. Ashoka Young Changemaker is a carefully selected network of young people who have found their power to create change for the good of all and are ready to take on their role as youth influencers, peer allies and co-leaders of the global Everyone a Changemaker movement. Ashoka invites young leaders under 20 years of age to become Ashoka Young Changemakers.
Ashoka is the world’s largest association of leading social entrepreneurs and changemakers. With a network of 3500+ Ashoka Fellows working in over 92 countries Ashoka’s global network is now building a global movement to end the new inequality and we believe young people must be co-leaders of this movement.
The panel and Ashoka will invite a select group to become Ashoka Young Changemakers. You are inducted into a global community and gain access to co-leadership bootcamps, media partnerships, public speaking platforms, exposure visits, strategic allies and more opportunities to grow yourself and to influence youth culture in your country.
Every Ashoka Young Changemaker is tasked with the responsibility of co-leading the Everyone a Changemaker movement. As a co-leader, you can drive existing Ashoka initiatives for young people or come up with new ideas to fuel the movement. For example:
- Be a peer ally to other young people and help kick-start their changemaking journeys
- Engage with top social entrepreneurs and thought leaders
- Create opportunities within your own venture for other young people to step up and lead change
- Speak at reputed public platforms and share your story through media partnerships
- Influence your school/community to trust in youth to lead
- Build partnerships to start and scale effective solutions that can end the new inequality
- Access resources and networks to achieve greater impact
- Come up with your own ideas to fuel the movement and test them in a supportive community
- Ashoka Bangladesh will cover all the cost (travel, food and accommodation) during the selection panel in Dhaka.
You can apply if
- You are under 20 years of age and from Bangladesh
- You are a Changemaker
- Your idea – You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
- Your team – You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realise they can create positive change.
- Your world changed – You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
- You want to co-lead the global Everyone a Changemaker movement
- You are a co-leader – You believe that everyone needs to take initiative and solve problems, everyone needs to find their power as changemakers. You are eager to help your peers and everyone in your school/community/country to find their power.
The application form should be completed in one sitting. If you exit out of your form or leave it idle, you may lose your work. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please feel free to contact Ashoka Bangladesh team, at any time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org; or call +8801798335813
For more information, visit Ashoka Young Changemaker Bangladesh.