Opportunity Desk Internship Program 2019 for Young People around the World
Deadline: September 22, 2019
Are you interested in honing your editorial and social media skills? Would you like to work with the young & amazing team at Opportunity Desk (OD)? We invite you to apply to join us! There are two (2) positions available: Editorial Intern and Social Media Intern. The internship lasts for 3 months only with possible extension.
Opportunity Desk (OD) is an online platform that bridges the gap to education by sharing information on relevant learning and growth opportunities for youth around the world. These opportunities help to facilitate young people’s efforts in exchanging ideas and preparing themselves for the future. They include: scholarships, conferences, fellowships, awards, jobs, internships and grants targeted towards individuals and organizations worldwide.
Since it’s inception in 2012, Opportunity Desk has reached several thousands of youth from over 200 countries across the world. Our website currently attracts nearly 600,000 views monthly with about 183,000 people engaging with us on our various social media platforms. Unlike other platforms for youth opportunities, we are very unique because we work closely with our audience, providing useful tips, direct support and guidance to them.
- Join OD team in the search for relevant opportunities
- Edit and publish opportunities to the OD website – opportunitydesk.org
- Ensure that OD Twitter page, Facebook page and group are regularly updated with opportunities, information, articles and other useful content
- Engage OD social media fans/followers creatively
- And other duties assigned
Applicants must be:
- Passionate young people between 18 and 35 years;
- Hardworking and committed;
- Willing to learn;
- A thinker: The OD Team likes to think about new ways of improving services to people worldwide.
This internship program is unpaid. However, this is a unique opportunity to:
- Hone your skills in social media engagement and editing;
- Get a Letter of Recommendation;
- Receive Certificate of Completion;
- Get bi-weekly feedback on your efforts;
- Work with the young and amazing OD Team;
- Depending on your performance, you could receive a surprise package from the OD Team;
- Receive support/guidance from our Founder for your own applications.
- Social Media Intern: 5-10hours/week
- Editorial Intern: 10-14 hours/week
- Tentative dates: October 7, 2019 – December 30, 2019
How to Apply
- Send us 1-3 sentences indicating why you want to intern with Opportunity Desk.
- E-mail your response and resume/CV to [email protected]g using the subject line: “Opportunity Desk Internship Position”.
We are looking forward to your application and having you join the next set of interns for 2019! Yay!