Advancing Long-term Leadership Initiative (ALLI) Indo-Pacific Summit 2019
Deadline: October 14, 2019
Applications are open for the Advancing Long-term Leadership Initiative (ALLI) Indo-Pacific Summit 2019. The ALLI Indo-Pacific Summit aims to bring together youth from the Indo-Pacific region to learn new skills and collaborate on common issues facing their countries. This is an initiative of the U.S. Embassy Tokyo. The Summit will take place in Tokyo, Japan on December 13 and 14, 2019.
The topics and themes that would be explored at the Summit include:
- Environmental and Natural Resource Management: Tools to work better with our Planet.
- Disaster Management and Resilience: Learning about what it takes to deal with the rapidly changing world and rebuild sustainably in the region.
- Civic Engagement: Promoting youth involvement in government and society.
- Economic Development: Learning about entrepreneurship and business opportunities in the region.
- Global Competency for Cross-Cultural Collaboration: Building the skills needed to work together across the region and the world for successful interactions.
- Growing an Indo-Pacific Identity: Interacting with participants from the region and discussing common goals.
- Round-trip travel to Tokyo, and lodging in Tokyo during the Summit is paid for by grant funds from the U.S. Embassy Tokyo.
- Applicants must be 20-27 years old at time of the Summit
- One of the following criteria must apply to you:
- currently enrolled in a post-secondary education institution
- within a year from having graduated from a post-secondary education institution
- currently be employed full-time
- participating in a fellowship or internship
- Applicants must be an alumnus of a U.S. Department of State-sponsored exchange program. Southeast Asian applicants must be YSEALI alumni, and Japanese applicants must be TOMODACHI program alumni. (Please note only domestic travel within Japan will be covered for Japanese participants.), U.S. applicants must be alumni of either TOMODACHI or another State Department sponsored exchange program)
- Applicants must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United States, or Vietnam
- All applicants must be proficient in English – all Summit activities will be conducted in English.
Prepare electronic versions of the following items:
- Current CV (limit 2 pages)
- Passport: Accepted participants must have a passport valid through June 1, 2020 at the time of the Summit. A copy of the biographic page (page with picture, legal name, birth information) can be uploaded with the online application
For more information, visit ALLI Indo-Pacific Summit.