Call for Reporters and Multimedia Reporters for the EYE2020 Report (Paid position)
Deadline: January 5, 2020
Call for Reporters and Multimedia Reporters for the EYE 2020 Report is now open. The Youth Outreach Unit of the European Parliament is seeking to contract on a temporary basis eight reporters to assist the EYE Team and the Editors-in-Chief in the production of the EYE2020 Report.
Every two years, the European Youth Event (EYE) brings together thousands of young people from all over the European Union and beyond to shape and share their ideas on the future of Europe. EYE2020 will take place at the European Parliament in Strasbourg on May 29 and 30, 2020. Parliament expects to welcome 9000 participants.
It is a unique opportunity for 16 to 30 year-olds to meet and inspire each other and exchange views with experts, activists, influencers and decision-makers right in the heart of European democracy. During two days, young Europeans have the opportunity to take part in a programme that was created together with EYE partners, youth organisations and participants and is filled with a variety of activities and artistic performances.
- The position is remunerated – 900 euros per reporter under the provision of services contract, lasting from February 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
- Travel and accommodation expenses occurred for work-related missions to Brussels and Strasbourg will be covered separately by the European Parliament.
- Applicants must be EU nationals (including UK nationals)
- Be 18-30 years old
- English is the production language of the report and working language of the team. Therefore, the team members must have excellent English language skills. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Professional selection criteria
The successful candidate should
- Be able to understand the content and the logic of the event, and identify key messages of the ideas presented before or during the EYE
- Be able to succinctly describe, edit, proof read all ideas collected before and during EYE
- Be able to research the background of the ideas, and produce a comment regarding the current development of an idea (ex. if there is already existing legislation tackling the idea, or proposals to implement a specific idea)
- Be able to classify the ideas according to the tags, and their target audience
- Have excellent English writing skills (at least C2);
- Have relevant educational/professional/volunteering background in EU affairs and/or journalism
- For Multimedia Reporters, have relevant educational/professional/volunteering background or experience in creating and editing multimedia content
Personal selection criteria
The successful candidate should
- Have very good writing and communication skills
- Have a flexible, innovative and quick mind
- Be a motivated team-worker
- Be committed to the project with a sense of duty and responsibility
- Be passionate about EU Affairs and Youth policies
- Fill in an online application form (EU Survey)
- Send a video of up to 100 seconds where you give an account (in English) of your personal motivation to work on this project. You can be as creative and innovative as you like. The video’s purpose is to give the organizers an idea of your personality; therefore, they would like to see and hear you in person. The video has to be uploaded on Vimeo or YouTube and the link inserted in the application form.
For more information, visit EYE2020 Report.