Call for Projects for the UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Campaign 2020
Deadline: January 19, 2020
The UNESCO World Heritage Centre is pleased to announce the Call for Projects for the World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) Campaign 2020. To empower the Commitment to World Heritage, the World Heritage Centre invites all youth organizations, NGOs, institutions, and public authorities that wish to involve young people in World Heritage preservation through the implementation of action camps at World Heritage sites in 2020.
This Call welcomes the participation of all interested organisations and institutions. In addition, it offers a new opportunity to apply for not only one-year cycle, but also two-year cycle process, with the aim to foster and encourage the commitment to World Heritage.
The World Heritage Volunteers Campaign 2020 shall aim to:
- Raise awareness among young people, volunteers, local communities, and concerned authorities of the need to protect and promote World Heritage;
- Involve young people in World Heritage preservation through concrete projects at sites;
- Empower young people allowing them to learn skills, basic preservation and conservation techniques and raise their capacity as future decision-makers and global active citizens;
- Strengthen sustainable cooperation between non-profit organisations, site management, communities and authorities;
- Identify best practices and develop non-formal education tools to facilitate stakeholders’ participation in the World Heritage education;
- Mainstream gender equality in all stages of the projects and geographical diversity among the World Heritage properties where the action camps take place.
- Open to youth organizations, NGOs, institutions, and public authorities that wish to involve young people in World Heritage preservation through the implementation of action camps at World Heritage sites in 2020.
In order to get involved in or renew your commitment to the protection and preservation of World Heritage through voluntary action and non-formal education, please fill in the online application.
If you have difficulties to access the online form, please download the application form and send it to the respective emails for each region with a copy to the World Heritage Centre (email@example.com). :
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for projects in Africa, Arab States and the Americas),
- email@example.com (for projects in Europe)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for projects in Asia)