European Charlemagne Youth Prize 2020 Competition (Win cash prize and a trip to Aachen, Germany)
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Aged 16-30 and working on a project with a European dimension? Apply for the 2020 Charlemagne Youth Prize and win funds to further develop your initiative.
The European Parliament and the International Charlemagne Prize Foundation of Aachen award the Charlemagne Youth Prize every year to projects run by young people with a strong EU dimension.
The three winning projects will be chosen from 28 projects nominated by national juries in the individual EU member states.
- The first prize is €7,500
- Second prize €5,000
- Third prize €2,500
- Representatives of all 28 national winning projects will be invited to the Charlemagne Youth Prize award ceremony in Aachen from 18th to 21st May 2020.
Costs for the participation in this event are borne by the European Parliament and the International Charlemagne Foundation of Aachen.
- Applicants must be between 16 and 30 years old and must be citizens or residents of one of the 28 member states of the European Union.
- Participants can apply, either individually or in groups; in the case of group and cross-border projects, the project can only be submitted in one country which is closely linked to the project.
- Applications in all official languages of the European Union are eligible.
Projects must meet the following criteria in order to qualify:
- promote European and international understanding
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe
- offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community
Projects will be evaluated according to the following principles:
• they must fulfil the objectives of the competition: promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community
• priority will be given to projects created jointly by young people representing several Member States
• attention will be given to projects carried out on a voluntary basis
The application deadline is 31 January 2020 at 00:00 CET. Applications must be submitted online via the website of the European Charlemagne Youth Prize.
For more information, visit European Charlemagne Youth Prize.