IASS Klaus Töpfer Sustainability Fellowship 2020 young early to mid-career professionals (Fully-funded to Germany)
Deadline: February 24, 2020
The Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) is currently seeking nominations to the 2020 Klaus Töpfer Sustainability Fellowship. The fellowship is intended to honour individuals who strive, like Klaus Töpfer, to connect science and politics in their work. Applicants, who may come from academia, politics, civil society, business, and the arts, are invited to submit their applications.
Klaus Töpfer Fellowships are awarded for one year. Fellows are expected to be physically present at the IASS during their stay and actively contribute to the work of the institute, for example by holding seminars and participating in other IASS activities.
The fellowship provides fellows with considerable scope for engaging in societal debates on the implementation of sustainable development strategies and refining their own particular approach. In addition, the IASS can also provide resources to cover any material costs incurred over the course of the one-year fellowship.
- Fellows receive a financial compensation intended to cover their additional living costs during their stay in Germany. The exact amount depends on the particular situation of the successful applicant and will be decided on an individual basis.
- In addition to their stipend, the IASS provides Klaus Töpfer Fellows with up to 50,000 euros to cover travel expenses, publication fees, support for organizing workshops, production costs for artistic work, etc.
- Open to highly talented young early to mid-career professionals from Germany or abroad who have worked for at least ten years on sustainability issues and have the potential to serve as change agents towards sustainable development.
- The applicant should bring innovative ideas from his or her respective fields in science, the arts, civil society, business, politics or other areas of society and work experience across different countries and cultures.
To apply, please submit the following documents by February 24th, 2020:
- A letter of motivation: Please mention any prior experience at the interface of science and another sector of society (such as politics, business, the arts, media, etc.).
- A current CV, which should not exceed four pages, outlining your career path and most important achievements. In terms of lists, please limit this to the five most important items (e.g., five most important publications).
- A proposal outlining the activities to be conducted during the time as Klaus Töpfer Sustainability Fellow. The proposal should be no longer than ten pages (excluding references).
- At least one letter of recommendation. The letter of recommendation should include biographical information and contact details of the person recommending.
Please send your application to [email protected]. The selection process will involve a committee including external advisors, and a selection is anticipated in early spring, 2020.
For more information, visit IASS Fellowship.