Alpine Fellowship Theatre Prize 2020 for Theatre Writers (up to £3,000)
Deadline: April 1, 2020
Applications are open for the Alpine Fellowship Theatre Prize 2020. The prize is awarded for the best playwriting response theme of the 2020 Alpine Fellowship: Forgiveness and Retribution. It is aimed at encouraging theatre writers at the start of their careers to explore and challenge philosophical ideas using the dramatic form.
The Alpine Fellowship is a group of writers, thinkers and artists who are passionate about learning and communicating with a view to better understanding themselves and others. They value a capacity for openness – being engaged in critically reflecting on firmly held beliefs; the courage to be vulnerable – speaking from a place of lived experience; the drive for curiosity – being truly able to receive and listen to others.
- The prize will be £3,000 plus a rehearsed reading at the Fellowship’s annual Symposium to which the winner will be invited to attend.
- Runners up will be invited to attend the Fjällnäs symposium to exhibit their work, all food and accommodation covered. Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a total of £500.
- This prize is open to anyone above 18 years of age.
- The final piece must be no more than 45 minutes in length and require no more than four actors.
- The winning play will be performed as a rehearsed reading so simplicity in staging is preferred.
To apply you will be asked to submit the following:
- A treatment of your idea in response to the theme. No more than 500 words.
- A sample of previous work of at least 10 pages.
- A 3-4 sample pages of your proposed script or a 1-2 detailed page synopsis of your story.
For more information, visit Alpine Fellowship.