Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020/2021 at Makerere University (Fully-funded)
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020/2021 at Makerere University. Makerere University entered into partnership with The Mastercard Foundation to offer scholarship to 1000 bright youth from Africa to study at Makerere University from 2013 to 2024.
A project worth US$21 million is being implemented at Makerere University with the aim of developing the next generation of African leaders and also to promote the strategic objectives of Makerere University and The Mastercard Foundation in contributing to Africas higher education sector and development. The Program recruits both nation and international Scholars at the ratio of 90:10 respectively and female and male scholars at the ratio of 80:20 respectively.
The scholars will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptops, books and other learning materials
- Accommodation, bedding’s and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home
- Psycho-social and mentor-ship
Applicants must be
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Citizens and residents of all African countries.
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- Applying to study in the preferred fields of Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engeneering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.
- Applicants should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402, or Down load the application forms from The MasterCard Foundations Scholars Program website
- Submit completed Application Forms to the address above. If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to: [email protected]
For more information, visit MCFSP at Makerere University.