Deadline: March 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme 2020 for Young Researchers from European Neighbouring Countries. Since 1999, Coimbra Group Universities have been providing young researchers from the European Neighbourhood with the opportunity to spend a short stay at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research work.
The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts. The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
The following Coimbra Group Universities are participating in the 2020 edition of the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme:
- University of Granada (Spain)
- Karl Franz University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Heidelberg (Germany)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (Romania)
- Jagiellonian University Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
Applicants must fulfil all the following criteria:
- be born on or after 1 January 1985
- be nationals of and current residents in one of the above-listed countries
- be current academic staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution located in one of the above-listed countries
- be of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students
Eligible countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Republic of Northern Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING
- Applicants should provide the name and contact details of an academic supervisor in the receiving Coimbra Group University who will supervise their work during their stay abroad. If you do not have any contacts, we suggest you visit the website of your chosen institution or get in touch with the contact person whose email address is indicated in the brochure. The Coimbra Group Office is not in the position to provide assistance in this.
- All applicants are requested to provide a letter/e-mail of acceptance (to be submitted together with your application) written by the academic supervisor from the host university where you would like to carry out the proposed working plan. The letter should state that the supervisor is willing to work with you in case you obtain a Coimbra Group Scholarship.
- Applicants can select one institution only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
- Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (i.e. name of and letter of acceptance by supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.). Incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made.
- The dates of your stay should be agreed upon between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the Coimbra Group University. Typically this will be during the academic year 2020/2021.
Candidates may apply for one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid. Only the universities listed in the table below are taking part in the 2019 edition of the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme. Applicants will be able to fill in the on-line registration until 31 March 2020 midnight (Brussels time) on the Coimbra Group web site: www.coimbra-group.eu/activities/scholarships.
For more information, visit Coimbra Scholarship.