Mama Cash Grant Program 2020 for feminist groups and initiatives (Up to €50,000 in funding)
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Mama Cash Grant Program is now open for applications. Mama Cash is accepting Letters of Interest from applicants, who are not current grantee-partners. They believe in your collective power and ability to change the world and want to support the revolutions you are creating.
Mama Cash is the oldest international feminist fund. Each year, they support over 100 women’s, girls’, trans and intersex rights groups that are working to change the world. Mama Cash makes grants in most countries of the world. Even though contexts are significantly different, they found that concerns of some specific groups of women, girls, trans and intersex people tend to be under-addressed and/or contested in most societies (and social movements). So these groups are often found among our grantees.
- Up to €50,000 in funding
This year, their focus is on increasing support to organisations and initiatives that are fighting environmental injustices and are implementing alternative, environmentally-just, solutions. They plan to make new grants to self-led feminist groups and initiatives who are working on environmental justice.
Mama Cash supports groups and initiatives that:
- Work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective
- Are self-led by the women, girls, trans people and/or intersex they serve
- Have the promotion of women’s, girls’, trans people and/or intersex people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of their programmes
- Push for structural and fundamental change
- Focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested
In 2020, they invite Letters of Interest from groups and organisations that meet the following criteria:
- Have an annual budget below 200,000 euros
Mama Cash does not prioritise providing financial support to larger groups. As a result, among our grantee-partners in the thematic portfolios you will find only very few groups that have annual budgets over 200,000 euros.
- Work on the nexus of women’s, girls’, trans and intersex people’s rights and environmental justice, for example, groups that address the exclusion of indigenous women from decision-making over their land and groups that fight for their right to water, food, and a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
For more information, visit Mama Cash Grant.