Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program 2020 for Algerians (Fully-funded to the US)
Deadline: April 16, 2020
Applications for the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) 2020 are now open for Algerians. The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) provides outstanding secondary school teachers of English, social studies, math, science, and special education with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills and increase their knowledge about the United States.
Teachers come to the United States from all world regions for a six-week academic program at a U.S. university graduate school of education, including intensive training in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, teaching strategies for their home environment, teacher leadership, and the use of instructional technologies. The program also includes field experience at a secondary school to engage participants with American teachers and students.
The international participants will travel to the United States in two cohorts of approximately 80 teachers each in spring (January – March) or fall (September – November) 2021. Teachers working in under-resourced communities and for girls’ education are particularly encouraged to apply.
All applicants must:
- Be current secondary school-level, full-time teachers in a school that serves a primarily local (not expatriate) population (Public Middle and High Schools);
- Have five or more years of classroom experience in TEA teaching disciplines: English, EFL, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, or special education;
- Be citizens of and residents of Algeria;
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree;
- Obtain a minimum score of 450 on paper based TOEFL ITP or 80 on TOEFL IBT. IELTS test is accepted). The TOEFL test is mandatory as strong English skills are a requirement for the program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program; and
- Have submitted a complete application
Candidates interested in this program should submit a complete application which includes the following documents:
- A completed online application form
- A current CV;
- Completed Institutional Support and Reference Forms (ISRF), completed by a supervisor;
- Leave Approval Form (LAF) completed by the headmaster of the school;
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport (information data page only);
- One passport size photo; and
- Copies of academic records and diplomas along with the official English translated version
- TOEFL IBT or TOEFL ITP score report
For more information, visit Fulbright TEA Program.