Deadline: July 13, 2020
Are you studying journalism or are you a young journalist? Are you between 18-30 years and are a citizen of an EU Member State or an EU neighbouring country? Would you like to gain first hand work experience as a journalist in the capital of Europe?
Then apply for the European Commission #Youth4Regions Programme 2020 for Aspiring Journalists. Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States
- Accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission.
- Applicants should have interest in what EU regional policy is doing in their region;
- Have background in journalism (studies or up to 2 years of experience);
- Be an EU or neighbouring country citizen ;
- Aged between 18 to 30 years old;
- Availability during 11 – 16 October.
You must send a short article (400-1000 words) or a short video reportage (2 – 3 minutes) depicting a project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (including Interreg) or Cohesion Fund. The theme is up to you to choose.
For more information, visit #Youth4Regions.