Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Water Journalism Academy Middle East & North Africa 2020
Deadline: July 2, 2020
Applications are open for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Water Journalism Academy Middle East & North Africa 2020. The Regional Program Energy Security and Climate Change Middle East and North Africa (KAS – REMENA) of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and cewas have joined hands to involve and work with media enthusiasts to engage in in-depth reporting on pressing water and sanitation matters across the MENA region.
Outstanding environmental journalists and media professionals will be selected to take part in a tailored program with the goal of intensifying and improving the quality and scope of media coverage of acute water-related challenges in the country of implementation and region.
The program comprises a four-module training and co-creation workshop bringing together media professionals with key stakeholders of the water and environmental sectors on constructive water reporting, follow-up coaching and a regional competition, the Blue Peace Open Eye Award, that will award the production of innovative media pieces that make a meaningful contribution to improve water management across the region.
Objectives of the Workshop
At the end of the learning and exposure program, participants will have developed:
- Innovative ways of disseminating information about water-topics.
- New relationships and learned from horizontal exchanges with other environmental journalists.
- An overview of information sources on water topics and insights into aspects of water management that should not be neglected in journalistic work.
- A better understanding of how to engage with and consult water sector experts.
- Tangible story concepts in target group-tailored formats, as a basis for participation in the regional Blue Peace Open Eye Award.
- Experienced journalists from MENA with proven interest or track record in environmental topics;
- Young media professionals (YouTubers, bloggers, content creators, social media influencers etc.) that demonstrate exceptional interest and motivation in water-related reporting and storytelling.
Make sure to have the following information/documents at hand:
- Short biography (100 words maximum);
- Updated short CV (3 pages maximum);
- Short abstract of your water story (100 words maximum);
- Samples of previous stories if available, preferably on water/environmental issues in the region.
For more information, visit Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung.