Is Human Resource Management a good career to choose in 2020?
A human resource management degree is a versatile qualification dealing with training, hiring, and development of the workforce. It is a challenging and rewarding industry.
Read on to know the career options one can avail after pursuing a master’s in human resource management.
- Benefits Counsellor: The professionals in this job role designing and manage the employee benefit programs within an organization. They educate, assist, and supervise the employees in the benefit enrolment activities to ensure the coordination between the employees and the establishment.
- Chief Human Resources Officer: Implementing the guidelines that effectively communicate the company’s strategic vision and mission is the main focus of their job role. They design strategies to support the overall business operations objectives and to implement comprehensive and cost-effective compensation plans. To meet the human capital needs of the organization, they develop strategic retention plans.
- Compensation Analyst: Compensation analyst interprets and analyses the company’s remuneration program by reviewing the compensation data to ensure the company policies are competitive. They predict future trends to steer the company in a positive direction by contributing and analysing the data of compensation surveys. They manage the salary structure and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Employee Relations Specialist: The focus of this job role is to train the employees to meet the standards of the company. They supervise the team evaluating the behavioural problems of the employees and try to look for possible ways to resolve it. They promote a friendly work environment to increase the productivity of the employees by designing events, workshops, and sessions for employee’s overall benefits.
- Executive Recruiter: Executive recruiters identify and recruit prospective candidates by using various platforms. They assess potential candidates by considering educational, cultural, and compatibility factors by checking references and conducting confidential interviews.
- Human Resources Administrator: The role of a human resources administrator is to maintain the employee records by updating databases and amending the guidelines as per the latest amendments. They renew and review company policies, guidelines, and legal compliance. They prepare necessary human resource documents including the recruitment guides, employment contracts, and other related documents.
- Human Resources Director: The human resources director develops effective training programs to leverage the advanced skills to succeed as an establishment. They effectively structure the benefit programs to retain the top talent and utilize the technology to enhance and evaluate the results of human resources programs. Their basic job responsibility is to make informed business decisions based on statistics and market analysis.
- Human Resources Manager: Human resources managers enhances the organization’s human resources by implementing, planning, and evaluating the human resources programs, policies, and practices. They maintain the work structure by updating job descriptions and requirements for all positions. They are responsible for orienting, recruiting, training, and managing human resources.
Studying human resource management courses will let you explore the diverse industries from corporate, financial, hospitality, to every other sector. So, if you are interested to explore the careers in human resource management, it’s better to start by enrolling yourself for a professionalized course in human resource management and become a niche specialist.
For more articles, visit OD Blog.