EQUALS in Tech Awards 2020 for Initiatives and Projects Promoting Gender Equality
Deadline: August 1, 2020
Is your work aimed at closing the gender digital divide? Nominations are now open for the EQUALS in Tech Awards 2020. They are looking for impressive, inspiring, and motivating initiatives from around the world.
The Equals in Tech Awards are given every year to organizations and individuals working to help girls and women gain equal internet access, digital skills and opportunities in the tech industry.
Individuals and organizations can nominate their own initiatives or those of others for an award in the following categories:
- Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
- Skills: Initiatives that support development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
- Leadership (in two subcategories):
- Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Initiatives promoting women’s leadership in technology SMEs
- Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
- Winners become part of a growing community of like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, activists, teachers, and leaders. And they join an Advisory Panel that chooses future award winners.
- Open to all individuals and organizations, regardless of their languages and nationalities, who wish to submit projects aimed at advancing gender equality using ICTs.
- Eligible initiatives and projects should:
- Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
- Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
- Be innovative
- Work in collaboration with partners
To nominate a project, program, initiative or individual, use this online form.