Canon Collins Social Justice Scholarships 2021 for Masters Study in South Africa (Zimbabweans Only)
Deadline: August 10, 2020
Canon Collins Trust invites applications from Zimbabweans for scholarships for Masters Study in South Africa in 2021 in the areas of human rights and social justice.
They will provide funding towards your Masters level study in South Africa, an opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events, and a paid internship at a public interest law firm or an organisation working towards promoting human rights, transparency or good governance in Zimbabwe for six months after the completion of your study. These scholarships are generously funded by the Alan and Babette Sainsbury Trust.
The Canon Collins Social Justice Scholarship includes:
- Up to R80,000 towards your tuition fees for your Masters level course at any South African university.
- Contribution towards your living costs for the duration of your study
- a return economy flight.
- 6 months long paid internship at a public interest law firm or an organisation working towards promoting Human Rights, Transparency or good governance in Zimbabwe after the completion of your course.
- An opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events and mentoring.
- Applicant must be a resident national of Zimbabwe;
- Be applying for a full-time Masters course related to the areas of human rights, democracy and governance no longer in duration than 18 months at any South African university;
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application;
- Demonstrate clear commitment to apply your skills and qualification to contributing towards positive change in Zimbabwe;
- Be available to undertake a 6 months long internship in Zimbabwe immediately after the completion of study;
- Preference will be given to recent graduates and professionals in early stages of their careers committed to strengthening human rights, transparency or good governance in Zimbabwe.
All applicants are required to download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
For more information, visit Canon Collins Social Justice Scholarships.