Mophradat Grants 2020 for Artists in the Arab World (up to $5,000)
Deadline: October 1, 2020
Applications are open for the Mophradat Grants for Artists 2020. These grants aim to support artists (individuals, collaborators, or art groups) to develop their artistic practices.
Grants can be used to research, organize events, produce a new work, publish a work, travel, participate in artistic residencies, or in workshops, to set up an exhibition, or make a performance presentation, etc. The grants can cover the cost of the activity or project in part or in full.
Mophradat is an international nonprofit contemporary arts association that creates opportunities for thinking, producing, and sharing among contemporary artists from the Arab World and their peers everywhere. Mophradat sees its activities as tools—artistic, discursive, logistical, and financial—for artists and cultural thinkers to use toward inventing new arts practices, arts organizations, and art publics.
Mophradat believes the content—ideas, artworks, and relationships—generated through its activities contributes to diversifying the artistic and intellectual ecology; making it more vital and compelling, and able to play an emancipatory role in the Arab World and elsewhere.
- An average of fifteen scholarships are awarded annually, and the value of the grant is approximately $5,000.
- The applicant must work in the field of contemporary arts (all specializations are welcome). Given the size of the value of the grants awarded, requests to produce long-acting films are not counted;
- The applicant must be concerned with mainly technical concerns aimed at raising the technical level;
- Projects or activities can be implemented anywhere in the world. However, artists/workers in the arts must be/be from/reside in the Arab world or their work should be related to the Arab world;
- The proposed project must be completed within twelve months from the date of the last date for the grant application;
- Applications for admission to academic programs for academic degrees are not accepted
The deadline for receiving applications is twice a year, on April 1 and October 1. The results are announced four weeks after these dates. Projects are selected by independent consultants whose names are published after announcing the names of the grantees.
- Applications must include a completed application form and relevant supporting materials.
- Applications can ONLY be submitted in English or Arabic.
- A fillable PDF application form is available for download here.
Only completed PDF application forms with supporting material uploaded through the submissions page will be accepted.
For more information, visit Mophradat Grants.