Call for Nominations: iKapture 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game – 2020 Award!
Deadline: August 25, 2020
The search is on! iKapture Centre for Development is now accepting nominations for the 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game Award! The 25 Under 25 award celebrates young African leaders who are championing change in their communities through the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Nominations are now open to changemakers, entrepreneurs, volunteers and advocates under 25 years across Africa.
In commemoration of International Youth Day and in celebration of the 10th year anniversary of its flagship program: Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship And Development (YLEAD), the iKapture Centre for Development has launched the 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game award.
The Award launch coincides with the 2020 International Youth Day with the theme ‘Youth Engagement for Global Action,’ which seeks to highlight young people that are working to ensure sustainable development in their various communities, and provide ways for more young people to engage.
Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who can testify of the impact of their work. 25 finalists will be shortlisted from a list of nominations based on 6 key categories which include:
- Poverty Eradication (SDG 1, 2)
- Education (SDG 4, 17)
- Environment (SDG 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 15)
- Health (SDG 3)
- Human Rights (SDG 5, 10, 17)
- Entrepreneurship/Innovation (SDG 8, 9, 12)
The finalists will;
- Receive an e-award certificate
- Be featured on iKapture’s social media pages, Blankpaperz online publication, Calabar Blog and Opportunity Desk.
- Participate in a Virtual Meet-up with select Change Makers across the globe
Award, nominees must:
- be aged 15 to 25 years;
- be a citizen of an African country;
- have been engaged in development work, business or engaged in a leadership role for more than 12 months – either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- have a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and linking their work and its impact to one of the 17 SDGs;
- have demonstrated an understanding of the importance of youth engagement in key areas of development, business and Leadership.
You can nominate yourself or someone else.
Entries must be received online by 23:59 WAT on 25 August 2020.
For more information, visit iKapture Centre for Development.