YLEAD Virtual Fellowship 2020 for Aspiring Young Leaders in Nigeria (Scholarships Available)
Deadline: September 25, 2020
The iKapture Centre for Development is now accepting applications for the 2020 YLEAD Virtual Fellowship Program. Are you an aspiring young leader between 15 and 24 years? This program is for you!
The Youth Leadership Entrepreneurship and Development (YLEAD) Fellowship is a 4-week immersive capacity building program designed to educate, engage and equip young people with skills to prepare them for the world of work and transition from school to career. Now in its 10th year, the program will take place virtually from 5th – 30th October 2020 with participants from across the country.
YLEAD is an initiative of iKapture Centre for Development, a nonprofit youth organization committed to raising the next generation of socially aware leaders and tech savvy entrepreneurs in Africa. Now in its 10th year, iKapture’s flagship project, YLEAD, has reached over 500 young people with support from Michelle Obama’s Young African Women Leaders’ Forum Small Grants, British Council’s Global Changemakers, U.S. Department of State Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF), Ashoka’s Youth Venture and the American Corner Calabar.
YLEAD is an innovative solution to the dearth of skills among young people. The program seeks to enhance learning and engage students in the most productive method while preparing them for career and higher education.
The program includes:
- 1 week of intensive training
- 2 weeks of internship and business simulation exercise
- 1 week of mentoring engagement and reflection exercises.
The breakdown of activities includes;
- Week 1: The participants will receive scheduled virtual lectures from our well-structured modules on different topics covering Leadership, Personal Development, and Entrepreneurship. Icebreakers, games, puzzles, illustrations, and PowerPoint slides will be employed to engage and educate the students.
- Week 2 and 3 – Remote Internship and Business Simulation Exercise
- Week 4: Selected Mentors (external and internal) from different fields are matched with students to help guide them.
- 10th Anniversary Celebration Event and Awards
- Learn new skills, network, volunteer and achieve your goals for a successful personal and career life
- Connect and network with peers and young professionals
- Access to remote work/internships as well as global opportunities
- Join a global network of Alumni
- Certificate of participation
- Invitation to attend the iKapture YLEAD 10th Anniversary Celebration Event and Awards
Join this program for a rare blend of learning, fun and impact!
iKapture is offering need-based scholarships to those who demonstrate a great need.
The YLEAD program is open to aspiring young leaders who may be students, graduates and out-of-school yoy.
- Must be between the ages of 15 – 24 years
- Must have attempted JSSCE or SSCE
- Must show interest in learning new skills and participates in group activities
- Must attain 75% attendance in the training program
- Must be of good behavior and willing to interact with people of different
background, tribe, and religion
- Should be interested in volunteering and having a mentor
Applications close on Friday, September 25, 2020 at 11:59pm WAT.
For more information, visit YLEAD.