Deadline: November 30, 2020
Submissions are invited for the African Union/CIEFFA #AfricaEducatesHer Campaign 2020. AU/CIEFFA invites African girls and women: students, human rights’ activists and teachers/educators to submit creative content showcasing their experiences learning/teaching girls during the COVID-19 related school closures and initiatives being taken by individuals, organisations and nations to ensure girls return back to school once schools start reopening.
COVID -19 has affected over 133 million female learners across the continent and through the Africa Educates Her campaign, the AU/CIEFFA seeks to highlight the experiences of learners at primary, secondary and tertiary education levels during the COVID 19 related school lockdown and further give voice to what young African girls, young women, youth and educators think should be done to promote, encourage and protect girls’ right to education especially during times of crisis.
- Selected submissions will be shared on the AU/CIEFFA Africa Educates Her blog and will form part of the Africa Educates Her documentary to be released at the end of 2020.
- Open to all African Union Member States;
- Applicants are African girls and women: students, human rights’ activists and teachers/educators
- Submissions can be in the form of videos, blogs articles, poetry, art, photography or music.
How to submit videos
- Your video must be between 3 – 5 minutes long, any submission that exceeds 5 minutes will not be considered.
- Use a device with a good camera and can capture sound, for example, a smartphone, a digital camera, a webcam on your laptop or a tablet
- Shoot your video in landscape format.
- Find a quiet place to record. Avoid places with wind, traffic, or people talking.
- Record your video in English, French, Swahili or Portuguese.
- Save video in mp4. Format
- Submit videos to [email protected] and the Email subject “Africa Educates Her_Video Submission”
How to submit blogs & poetry
- Your article must be between 600 – 1200 words max
- Use Arial, Font size 12 and 1.15 Line Spacing
- Your article must be written in English, French, Portuguese or Swahili.
- Submit articles and poetry to [email protected] and the Email subject “Africa Educates Her_Blog Submission”
- Written poetry should not exceed 2 pages
- Use Arial Font, Size 12 and 1.15 Line Spacing
- You can submit poetry pieces in English, Swahili, French or Portuguese
- Submit articles and poetry to [email protected] and the Email subject “Africa Educates Her_Poetry Submission”
How to submit photos & music
- Images can be in full color or in black and white but must not have filters
- Your images must be saved in JPG. Format
- Must be high resolution images
- Attach a description of each image in your email
- Submit photos to [email protected] and the Email subject “Africa Educates Her_Photo Submission”
- Your audio must not exceed 4 minutes
- Your audio must be saved mp3. Format
- Submit articles and poetry to [email protected] and the Email subject “Africa Educates Her_Audio Submission”
For more information, visit #AfricaEducatesHer Campaign.