Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021-22 for Masters Studies at McGill University (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021-22 for Masters Studies at McGill University. This program provides academically talented young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa with access to a world-class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill will welcome Scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa, including some at the Master’s level, over a ten year period. Unique to McGill, some Scholars are from French-speaking countries and receive intensive English language training before starting their degree programs.
- The scholarship provides financial support which includes, but is not limited to, tuition fees, accommodation, books, and other scholastic materials.
- You must be eligible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University;
- Have never registered for or completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member from the department you wish to apply to;
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country;
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intention to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country;
- Must be less than 35 years old at the time of application.
Eligible Master’s Programs (Non-Thesis ONLY)
- Master of Architecture (M. Arch.- Professional)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Educational Psychology
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Counselling Psychology
- Education & Society
- Educational Leadership (Requires at least 2 years of teaching or similar experience)
- Political Science
- School/Applied Child Psychology
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Bioresource Engineering
- Food Science & Agricultural Chemistry
- Public Health
- Master of Engineering (M. Eng.)
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Requires at least 1st class degree classification or a 3.7/4.0 CGPA)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Master of Science Applied (M .Sc.A.)
- Animal Science
- Bioresource Engineering
- Human Nutrition – Project option
- Occupational Health
- Master of Information Studies (M.I.St.)
- Information Studies
- Master of Public Policy (M.P.P.)
Applicants must be nominated by a current McGill professor or administrative staff member of the program of your choice. See nomination form here.
Complete application instructions is available here.
For more information, visit Mastercard Foundation.