Call for Applications: UK-Kenya Tech Hub Startup-SME Linkage Program 2020
Deadline: October 11, 2020
Applications are open for the UK-Kenya Tech Hub Startup-SME Linkage Program 2020. The program is aimed at providing tech startups direct linkages to SMEs which fall under their target customers for a chance to secure a commercial deal. The program will require selected startups to present/demo their solutions to SMEs in a digital live marketplace for a partnership or commercialization deal.
Through the program, they want to:
- Create a platform for the participating companies to discuss partnership and commercial deal opportunities.
- Help the participating companies to come up with a commercial or partnership deal tracked over a period of 6 to 12 months.
- Spark a collaborative culture between SMEs and Startups that yield innovative, and valuable solutions, which also promotes cooperation and the collective movement towards a better future by creating better goods and services.
- They will try to connect the participating startups with as many relevant SMEs that fit under their prospective clients’ catalog and vice versa.
- They will also provide an enabling environment (guidance and resources) where possible to facilitate more partnership or commercial deals.
- The hope is that every participant within the program will be able to at least secure 1 deal through this virtual pop up market place.
The program is open to:
- Startups: They are looking for post-revenue startups with practical solutions that can help SMEs solve their existing problems. Startups plying their trade in HR, agriculture, health, logistics, clean energy, e-commerce, digital marketing, customer experience both in a B2B and/or B2C vertical are highly encouraged to apply.
- SMEs: They are looking for SMEs that are open for a commercial and/or partnership deal with innovative post-revenue tech startups operating in verticals such as HR, customer experience, digital marketing, agriculture, health, logistics, clean energy, e-commerce among others.
Generally, all participants are required to:
- Open to a partnership or commercial deal where feasible.
- Dedicate at least 3-4 hours between October 12 to October 16 to discuss partnership or commercial opportunities during the virtual Market Place Sessions.
- Dedicate at least 1 hour between October 19 to October 30 for virtual Debriefing Sessions.
- Open for further engagement post-programme to track the progress of the commercial/partnership deals.
For a startup, you must have a deck (less than 10 slides) showcasing your products/services, and be willing to customize the value proposition to your prospective matched SME(s) where applicable.
SME representatives must be willing to submit some of their pain points and or new horizon opportunities that they are interested in beforehand to allow for suitable matchmaking. The SME must also avail some of its key decision-makers in the Market Place Sessions to assess synergies, commercial or partnership opportunities, and sign off on deals.
For more information, visit Startup-SME Linkage Program.