Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) in Kenya 2020 – Cohort 2
Deadline: October 10, 2020
Applications are invited for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) in Kenya – Cohort 2. The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Kenya, sponsored by the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), U.S. Embassy Kenya and implemented by Youth Empowerment Program Initiative (YEPI), is a program supporting the development of women entrepreneurs in Kenya.
AWE provides women entrepreneurs with the skills, resources, and networks needed to start and scale successful businesses. Through AWE, women entrepreneurs participate in a facilitated entrepreneurship program supplemented with localised content, as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.
AWE is centered around the online training program, DreamBuilder, developed through a partnership between Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and global copper mining company Freeport- McMoRan. The program equips women with the tools needed to create and grow their own businesses, raise capital, and effectively network with other successful business owners.
- Open to women entrepreneurs aged 20-40 years from Mombasa, Lamu, Nakuru and Nairobi.
- You must be able to commit six hours per week to the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs.
- You have a business or a bright entrepreneurial idea that can be executed and be profitable.
- You have basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, Internet & Email.
- You are able to communicate in English. Both writing, speaking and listening.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria stated above, you can apply to join the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Kenya. The sessions will be held online in Mombasa, Lamu, Nakuru and Nairobi from October to December 2020. Apply before October 10, 2020.
For more information, visit AWE Kenya.