Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubation Program 2020 for Female Founded Businesses in Kenya
Deadline: December 30, 2020
Applications for the Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubation Program Kenya 2020 are now open. This is Africa’s leading incubator program for female founded businesses, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology, entrepreneurship and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence.
The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide a holistic startup incubation program focusing on immersive learning, mentorship & coaching, seed financing and business to business linkages for high potential startups tackling the continent’s most relevant challenges.
Program Thematic Areas
Companies solving for any of the 17 SDGs with operations within, but not limited to the following sectors are eligible to apply for the programme;
- Information Technology
- Financial Services
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience;
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts;
- Access to B2B networking opportunities;
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs;
- Opportunity to join supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network;
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists;
- 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with the go-to market and scale for the top five finalists.
- The business must be based in Kenya i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya.
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics.
- The company must be founded or co-founded by a woman with an equal or majority stake.
- The founder or co-founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan.
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
Successful completion of the Women in Tech Virtual Incubation Program is compulsory. If a physical meetup is necessary, government regulations on COVID-19 health measures MUST be observed.
For more information, visit Women in Technology Incubator.