GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders 2021-2022 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 28, 2021
Applications are open for the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders 2021-2022. Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
Three scholarships are available for the 2021-22 academic year. Each scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM; and
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form; and
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2021-22 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
The application process has two steps:
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2021-22 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting ‘2021-22 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders’ option from the drop-down menu. A completed supplementary questions form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc. with their application for study).
For more information, visit GSK Scholarships.