UK Research and Innovation NERC Knowledge Exchange Fellowship Program 2020/2021
Deadline: December 2, 2020
Applications are invited for the UK Research and Innovation NERC Knowledge Exchange Fellowship Program 2020/2021. The Fellowships are intended to enable the sharing and flow of knowledge and expertise between NERC funded researchers and their stakeholders, partners and/or user communities with the aim of generating impact from NERC funded research in the priority areas detailed in the NERC delivery plan. KE Fellows can work anywhere between 20% and 100% of their time on a work plan of their own choosing.
Approaches could include:
- Strengthening existing partnerships
- Developing new relationships that lead to collaborative projects
- Identifying the knowledge needs of business, NGOs and policy makers and feeding these into UKRI-NERC to inform the development of future strategy and funding opportunities
- Researching new market opportunities
- Providing briefings and reports suitable for policymakers and business users
- Public engagement.
- KE Fellowships cover up to 100% of the Fellow’s salary on a pro-rata basis including superannuation, NI and specific allowances, plus up to £40,000 for travel and other associated costs. They cover direct costs only and do not include overheads. There is no budget limit for salary costs.
- Applicants can apply for Travel and Subsistence costs for stakeholders to attend meetings/events. However, applicants cannot pay them to attend, i.e. meeting attendance fees.
- Proposals from applicants with diverse backgrounds and experience are encouraged, and there are no limits on amount of postdoctoral experience.
- NERC research and fellowship grants for all schemes may be held at approved UK higher education institutions, approved research council institutes (RCIs) and approved independent research organisations (IROs).
- Normal fellowship eligibility applies and is in section C of the NERC research grant and fellowships handbook. Research organisation eligibility rules are in section C of the handbook.
Applicants must take note of the following dates:
- Deadline for submission of proposals: December 2, 2020
- Moderating sift panel meets: January 2021
- Interviews: March 2021
- Latest start date for projects: July 2021
For more information, visit UK Research and Innovation.