U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) Women Building Peace Award 2021 ($10,000 prize)
Deadline: February 2, 2021
Nominations are open for the U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) Women Building Peace Award 2021. The USIP’s Women Building Peace Award honors the inspiring work of women peacebuilders whose courage, leadership, and commitment to peace stand out as beacons of strength and hope.
USIP’s Women Building Peace Award represents the Institute’s commitment to highlighting the vital role of individual women who are working every day in the pursuit of peace in fragile or conflict-affected countries or regions. The award honors a woman peacebuilder whose substantial and practical contribution to peace is an inspiration and guiding light for future women peacebuilders.
- The award recipient will receive $10,000 to be used at the recipient’s discretion.
- She will be recognized at a ceremony organized by the U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) in Washington, D.C.
- The nominee must be a woman of at least 18 years of age.
- The nominee must be a non-U.S. citizen.
- The nominee must be working to build peace in a fragile or conflict-affected country or region.
- The nominee cannot be employed by USIP or have been affiliated with USIP as a contractor, grantee, fellow, or recipient of the Women Building Peace Award during the 24 months prior to the submission of this nomination application.
- Commitment to Peace: A woman whose work exemplifies a commitment to peace by preventing or resolving conflict nonviolently in a fragile or conflict-affected country or region.
- Exceptional Leadership: A woman who exemplifies exceptional leadership through her vision and innovation and has earned the respect of her community in the pursuit of peace.
- Outstanding Practitioner: A woman who engages as a peacebuilding practitioner in an inclusive and participatory manner with members of local, national, or international communities.
- Substantial Impact: A woman whose peacebuilding work has led to tangible or demonstrable results.
Before completing the nomination, please read the Guidance for Submitting Nominations document. This information provides useful instructions on the submission process and will help you determine if the nominee is eligible.
Nomination applications are to be submitted using the FLUXX online portal. Only those nominating applicants for the award must register for an account. The women who are nominated do not register for a FLUXX account.
The nomination process comprises two steps.
- FLUXX Account Registration: Nomination applications are to be submitted using the USIP FLUXX online portal. Nominators must first register for an account to access the FLUXX portal. All nominators must register for an account by 2:00pm ET Wednesday, January 13, 2021. The FLUXX account registration is not the nomination application.
- Nomination Application Submission: Once a nominator registers for an account, they will receive login credentials to access the FLUXX online portal. With login credentials, nominators may then begin to complete a nomination application. All completed nomination applications must be received by 2:00pm ET on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Late nomination submissions will not be considered for the award.
For more information, visit U.S. Institute of Peace.