Zelle LLP Diversity in Law Scholarship 2021 (Up to $15,000)
Deadline: March 29, 2021
Applications are open for the Zelle LLP Diversity in Law Scholarship 2021. The Scholarship is designed to encourage and assist students from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives, as well as students with a proven interest in diversity-related issues, in pursuing the law as a profession.
- The Scholarship awards the selected recipient a total of $15,000 to be applied towards the selected recipient’s law school tuition, fees, and text books, with one half of the scholarship paid for the student’s second year of law school and one half of the scholarship paid for the student’s third year of law school subject to the following: To receive the second installment of the scholarship, the recipient must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA (or its equivalent) through the student’s second year of law school.
- The Scholarship recipient will be offered and is encouraged to accept a paid summer clerkship at one of the firm’s offices for the summer following the student’s first year of law school. The specific location of the clerkship will be decided by the firm in consultation with the recipient and will be based upon both the recipient’s interest and the firm’s need. Zelle LLP reserves the right to offer the clerkship on a remote basis only.
- Applicants must either be:
- first-year law students pursuing their Juris Doctor degree who are currently enrolled full-time at an ABA-accredited law school and who have completed at least one semester of law school; or
- be part-time (four-year program) or joint-degree students currently enrolled in their second year of law school at an ABA-accredited law school.
- Applicants also must either:
- be a member of a population or group whose background and perspectives are historically underrepresented in the private practice of law; or
- demonstrate a long-standing commitment to diversity that will be furthered by award of the scholarship.
- Applicants are required to have a 2.8 cumulative law school GPA (or its equivalent).
Selection considerations will include but not be limited to:
- Academic performance
- Writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- An interest in litigation (including antitrust and insurance litigation)
- Financial need, and
- A desire to practice in one of the cities where Zelle maintains an office.
To be considered for the Zelle LLP Diversity in Law Scholarship, students should complete and submit the attached application and required documents to Zelle LLP by March 29, 2021 at noon EST.
Completed applications may be submitted by electronic mail to: [email protected]
For more information, visit Diversity in Law Scholarship.