Apply to be a Facilitator for the Women Techsters Initiative
Applications to be a Facilitator for the Women Techsters Initiative are now open. Technology for Social Change and Development (Tech4Dev) is looking for experienced facilitators to equip the Women Techsters beneficiaries (Bootcamps & Fellowship) with relevant tech skills in specified learning tracks. The learning tracks include Software Development, Product Design (UI-UX), Cybersecurity, Product Management, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Engineering.
The Women Techsters Fellowship is a year-long coding program that will be implemented over a 12-month timeline. The program consists of 3-month coursework delivered online and onsite. The Bootcamp, on the other hand, is a 4-week intensive training that offers beneficiaries the opportunity to develop relevant coding skills, jump-start careers, or start their own tech companies.
- Facilitate designated learning track using the provided curriculum and classroom digital tools.
- Use an engaging and interactive learner-centred approach to teach and transfer practical and applicable tech skills to beneficiaries.
- Be confident, articulate, knowledgeable, and able to teach one of the learning tracks comfortably.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding and conceptualization of the assigned learning track.
- Ability to plan, design, and model effective learning environments and multiple experiences supported by technology.
- The facilitator must have a shared vision of the Women Techsters Initiative and foster a conducive environment for the realization of the vision.
- Recommend changes to the existing training curriculum by providing feedback to the Technical Learning Delivery Manager or Lead Facilitator.
- Organize and prepare for the delivery of training, including LMS set up and learning environment preparation.
- Assign hands-on and overall group project assessments.
- Analyze course evaluations and adjust content and delivery to drive improvement.
- Provide training updates and communicate learning plans and strategies to Local Project Manager.
- Consults with Local Project Manager to identify root causes of training gaps and recommends solutions for identified opportunities.
- The facilitator must be resident in Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Egypt, or Kenya.
- Must be able to communicate in the dominant language of the resident country fluently.
- Experience in delivering virtual and in-person training on an advanced curriculum and for multiple cohorts.
- Experience in creating or enhancing learning aids (e.g., audio/visual aids) to enhance participant understanding of content.
- Possession of a learning industry certification and portfolio of past project.
- Effectively manages time, priorities, and follows through on commitments.
For more information, visit Women Techsters Initiative.