Goethe-Institut South Africa Internship Program 2021 – Cav’ Creative Economies Project
Deadline: May 16, 2021
Applications are open for the Goethe-Institut South Africa Internship Program 2021. The Goethe-Institut South Africa is looking for an intern to work with them in the Cav’ Creative Economies Project – in particular to develop content for the Cav’ Platform Microsite and with PR-related tasks. This position is for 16 hours per week (2 days), from June 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021.
Cav’ Creative Economies is a Goethe-Institut initiative that comprises the two projects Cav’ Platform and Cav’ Township. The programme aims to contribute to the culture and creative industries in South Africa, through enabling creative organisations and small businesses towards income generation.
This internship consists of the following tasks:
- Assisting in the running of the Cav’ Platform microsite and public relations
- Researching relevant content for the microsite.
- Text summarising of content for the microsite.
- Photo sourcing and editing to accompany content.
- Copy writing and editing.
- Assisting with logistics relating to project related PR and events.
- Performing other (admin) duties as needed.
- Have good understanding of the culture and creative industries;
- Have experience in copywriting and graphic design;
- Be highly proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Have good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Web Programming will be advantageous;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Have ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to communicate in German is an advantage;
- Non-South African applicants need to have a valid work permit for South Africa.
Send your CV, motivation letter and references via email to [email protected] by 16 May 2021, with the wording ‘Creative Economies Internship’ in the e-mail subject line.
For more information, visit Goethe-Institut.