Deadline: July 16, 2021
Do you have an awesome idea to solve a social or environmental problem? Are you ready to take action, but don’t know where to start? You’re not alone. Apply for the Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge 2021.
The 2021 Social Shifters Global Innovation Challenge will take you from idea to entrepreneur – helping bring your idea to life and sharpening your social business skills!
Social Shifters helps next generation leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs to make a difference in the world. They operate on a non-profit basis, providing inspiring stories, engaging learning, and a global community of support to propel you forward. Use their revolutionary Social Shifters platform to get your project, campaign or venture off the ground, fast.
- All applicants will receive FREE e-learning, specialist project development support and access to mentors as well as connection to a network of young changemakers like you!
- The first 500 applicants will also receive a VIP Ticket to the Social Enterprise World Forum 2021 and challenge finalists will compete for prizes of up to $10,000!
- The Challenge is open to anyone 18-30 years old.
- You can enter on your own or as a team (up to 5 members). Team participation is strongly encouraged.
- They are looking for a business solution to an environmental or social issue. This can be a non-profit or for-profit idea but must be at an early stage (less than one year old with no significant funding in place).
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Impactful: Will the business idea solve an important social or environmental problem?
- Innovative: Is the idea insightful, and potentially a breakthrough solution to the problem?
- Feasible: Could the idea be implemented with financial and mentoring support?
- Scalable: Does this idea have the potential to be expanded on a larger scale?
Submissions that include a short video pitch (less than 60 seconds) will receive additional points in the evaluation.
They will be accepting submissions from May 26 to July 16. It’s quick and simple to submit an entry. Just tell them about the social or environmental problem you want to solve, what your business solution is, and what difference it will make. Upload a short video if you can, to bring your submission to life.
For more information, visit Social Shifters.