Join the RefEd Education Team as a Volunteer Educational Content Creator
Apply now to join the RefEd Education Team as a Volunteer Educational Content Creator. They are looking for self-motivated and talented Educational Content Creators. They are seeking professionals who are organized, creative, work well in teams and have previous experience in teaching.
The volunteers will work alongside the Head of Educational Content, as well as the other RefEd Team members. For this position, they highly encourage applications from Ugandan young professionals, since that is where their work is currently focused.
RefEd Initiative is a youth-led Non-Profit Organization. Their mission is to close the gap of access to education among refugee children. They create tailored educational content and implement it through local partnerships with refugee-serving NGOs. Currently, their work is focused on Uganda. Their vision is to scale their reach using technology so that every child may have access to education, even while on the move.
Recurrent activities include:
- Creating educational curriculum for a module on English for children;
- Creating lesson plans;
- Creating animated videos on the Animaker software, with voice-overs.
- Open to Ugandan young professionals;
- Be able to speak English fluently and able to work in English;
- Be a team player;
- Be creative/entrepreneurial;
- Having previous experience as a teacher, content creator, learning experiences designer or facilitator;
- Having excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Being familiar with Google Drive.
This is a part-time volunteer position starting as soon as the position is filled. The person is expected to work 5 hours a week.
For more information, visit RefEd Education.