Apply to Become a #1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassador. The #1MillionGirlsInSTEM is WomEng’s 10-year global commitment, initiated in 2017 at the United Nations Headquarters, aiming to reach 1 million girls globally, through Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education and awareness initiatives.
This program is in collaboration with UNESCO. WomEng has developed advocacy tools including their LaunchPad workshop toolkit, and a virtual platform to track the reach of the campaign.
The #1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassadors are independent self-starters that are using established and new networks and relationships to continuously grow #1MillionGirlsinSTEM awareness initiatives. These can include but not limited to:
- Generating brand awareness by speaking to girls at schools, in communities and online about STEM.
- Hosting WomEng LaunchPad workshops for girls in schools and communities.
- Hosting STEM-related programs such as coding workshops, robotic workshops, etc. that include girls.
- Assisting in content creation (i.e.. writing blogs, newsletters, product reviews, etc.).
- Being an opinion leader in your community, advocating for girls in STEM.
- Providing feedback and insight on new products/service.
- Promoting the brand via your personal social media accounts.
- Benefits for Individuals:
- Build your network.
- Boost your resume showing data-driven evidence of you social impact.
- Aligning yourself with a global campaign endorsed by UNESCO
- Benefits for Organisations:
- Build your network of STEM-related organisations;
- Engage staff on community engagement initiatives;
- Showing data-driven evidence of your social impact related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- Aligning the organisation with a global campaign endorsed by UNESCO.
- Open to girls aged 5 – 18 years;
- Applicant may be from anywhere around the world.
- Submit an application
- Complete the onboarding training. This takes place once every quarter. Next onboarding: July 29, 2021.
- Gain access to open source resources and join their Ambassador community.
For more information, visit #1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassador.