American Association of University Women (AAUW) Community Action Grants 2021 [U.S. Only]
Deadline: December 1, 2021
Applications are open for the American Association of University Women (AAUW) Community Action Grants 2021. The Community Action Grants provide funding to individuals, AAUW branches and AAUW state organizations as well as community-based nonprofits for innovative programs that promote education and equity through projects focused on encouraging girls to select, before entering college, the physical sciences or engineering as a career.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW), officially founded in 1881, is a non-profit organization that advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. Since 1972, AAUW has provided support to hundreds of communities across the United States.
- Award amount is between $3,000 – $10,000.
- Applicants must be individuals, AAUW branches, AAUW state organizations or local community-based nonprofit organizations (including universities).
- The proposed activity must have direct impact to encourage girls to select, before entering college, the physical sciences or engineering as a career.
- Nonprofit organizations and universities must be based in the United States or its territories.
- Organizations (including universities) must have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. AAUW branch and state applicants must have 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) tax-exempt status.
- Proposals from AAUW branches or states must be approved and signed by the branch or state president.
- Proposals from local community-based nonprofit organizations must be approved and signed by the organization’s executive director.
- Previous Community Action Grant awardees must wait three application cycles before applying for another grant and may not apply for duplicate funding.
- Members of the AAUW Board of Directors, committees, panels, task forces and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. A person holding a current award is eligible for election or appointment to boards, committees, panels, and task forces.
Apply by the deadline of December 1, 2021. Late submissions will not be considered.
For more information, visit AAUW.