Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 13: Tackling Climate Change (US$50,000 grant)
Deadline: August 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 13. Deloitte is proud to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG13. Through this challenge they seek to empower passionate people finding meaningful and innovative ways of tackling climate change.
They are looking for bold solutions that reduce impacts of climate change and/or empower others to act on climate change. Examples of solutions may include behavioral change, technology solutions or scaling of technology solutions, education, nature-based solutions, community actions or collaborations.
In line with Deloitte’s ambition to address climate change through ecosystem engagement, the challenge seeks to support scalable youth-led solutions that:
- Reduce the impacts of climate change, and/or empower others to act on climate change
- Address root causes of the issue
- Demonstrate ability to drive impact and potential to scale
- Collaborate with others to accelerate or broaden impact
- Facilitate opportunities for collective impact, by engaging a wide-range of stakeholders
- Utilize innovative approaches
The winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from Deloitte
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Deloitte professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Solutions should be evidently aligned with the challenge.
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
- Must rely on proven or readily available technology (if technology is relevant to the solution).
- Projects need to be based where Deloitte has a presence.
You cannot save draft responses for this application so it is recommended that you draft your responses in an offline document while you work on your application.
For more information, visit Lead2030 Challenge.