Up to Us Campus Competition 2021-2022 for Students in the U.S. ($10,000 cash prize)
Applications are invited for the Up to Us Campus Competition 2021-2022. Through the annual competition, select teams from colleges and universities nationwide receive training and funds to run tailored campus campaigns to educate their peers and inspire collective action!
Up to Us is a program that empowers students to educate peers on the long-term national debt, how it could affect their economic opportunities, and what this generation can do to have a voice in raising awareness of their fiscal challenges!
Up to Us is committed to the success of all teams who join the movement and bring the conversation to their campus and community. All teams have access to the resources, training, and on-going support to be successful and further harness their experience and skills for long-term leadership. By joining this cohort of emerging leaders, you can help shape the economic future this generation will ultimately inherit. Up to Us offers you the opportunity to be the voice of your generation and to create a meaningful impact on your campus community.
In addition to the perks received throughout the competition, all teams who successfully execute their campaigns gain access to exclusive prizes, experiences, and more based on their final ranking. A select group of top-performing students will be invited to travel to Washington, D.C. to meet with policy organizations, civic groups, and leaders from across the political spectrum to discuss the next generation’s stake in fiscal issues, and attend the Peter G. Peterson Foundation’s Fiscal Summit.
- All Team Leaders: All Team Leaders and Members get access to this year’s weekly virtual training calls featuring Up to Us and Clinton Global Initiative University Alumni, skills-building training, and networking.
- First Place Team: $10,000 cash prize, core members of the winning team will be invited to attend a national conference where their achievement will be formally announced and recognized.
- Top 10 Teams: $1,000 cash prize, an all-expenses-paid trip for the team leader and 1 team member, a letter of recommendation upon request.
- Top 20 Teams: An all-expenses-paid trip for one person to attend the prize.
- Top 50 Teams: Receive an exclusive “Career Package” that includes: Acclaim digital badges and priority access to Harvard Business School Online Courses (applications will be prioritized in the reviewing process over teams that did not make it in the Top 50).
- Students enrolled at a college or university in the United States are welcome to apply to participate in Up to Us.
- To receive prize money, each participant must have a valid tax ID number and be at least 18 years old. (Exceptions: if your state of residence is Alabama or Nebraska, you must be at least 19 years old; if your state of residence is Mississippi, you must be at least 21 years old), and must be at least 18 years old at the time of travel in order to attend conferences or other trips.
Student campaigns will be judged by competition organizers and a diverse panel. Campaigns will be scored on a variety of criteria including the success of key campaign activities and the creativity and vision behind those activities.
Up to Us enables students to give this generation a voice. Interested in joining the 2021-2022 Campus Competition? Apply now!
For more information, visit Up to Us Campus Competition.