Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2022/2023 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 1, 2021
Applications are open for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2022/2023. Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
The HKPFS supports the awardees to pursue their PhD studies at the following eight University Grants Committee (UGC)-funded universities in Hong Kong:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$322,800 (approximately US$41,400) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,500 (approximately US$1,730) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
- 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2022/23 academic year. For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
- Individuals who are seeking admission as new full-time PhD students in UGC-funded universities of Hong Kong, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
Applicants must submit their initial applications through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System before the deadline on December 1, 2021 at 12:00 noon Hong Kong Time.