East-West Center Asia Pacific Leadership Program 2022 (Scholarship available)
Deadline: November 1, 2021
Applications are open for the East-West Center Asia Pacific Leadership Program 2022. The Asia Pacific Leadership Program brings together diverse individuals who want to co-create a future that is peaceful, prosperous, and just.
Through place-based learning that is experiential and transformational, APLP fellows practice leadership strategies that enhance personal, team, and community effectiveness. Fellows reflect on the kinds of leadership today’s world needs, and build the capacities needed for such leadership.
The APLP Approach:
- Place-Based: Focuses on leadership in context and builds on communities’ diversity and abundance.
- Experiential: Supports Fellows as they practice leadership together, reflect on results, and refines their strategies for greater impact.
- Transformational: Fosters individual and collective growth for emerging and established leaders.
The program costs $10,731 USD.
- Program Fee: $7,000
- Housing in East-West Center living quarters: $931
- Estimated living expenses: $2,800
Program cost does not include airfare to/from Hawai`i and visa fees; supplementary scholarships are available to defray the cost of the program fee and housing. Scholarship support may be requested in the scholarship section of the application.
- Applicant should show a demonstrated commitment to promoting peace and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region through professional work, study, or living experience;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution in the United States, or equivalent degree representing a full-time program of study of at least 3 years’ duration, from an officially-recognized higher education institution outside of the United States;
- At least 5 years of work experience;
- There are no citizenship, age, or ethnicity restrictions;
- Applicants will be expected to have a fluent level of English;
- Applicants are encouraged to provide an English language test score (such as IELTS), if one is available.
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms.
- Willingness to engage fully in place-based experiential, and transformational leadership development training.
- Deep involvement in a specific organization, business or community impact initiative (applicants must explain how, with their home-based teams, they will experiment with the leadership strategies learned in APLP).
- International experience, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure.
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.
Complete the application in ENGLISH. Applications must be submitted by November 1, 2021. Letters of Reference will be accepted until November 7, 2021.
For more information, visit East-West Center.