Investing In Equality Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2022 (Fully-funded to Tokyo)
Deadline: October 29, 2021
Applications for the Investing In Equality Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2022 are now open. The Investing in Equality Scholarship has been established in collaboration with Leigh-Anne Pinnock and The Black Fund to recognise and scale the work of young leaders who have demonstrated impact in dismantling racial injustice through creative expression and scalable activism.
Two Scholarship places to attend the One Young World 2022 Summit in Tokyo will be awarded to young leaders within the black community who are:
- Looking to break into or establish a career in the dance, music or other creative industries, using their platform to fight racism in their chosen sector.
- Activists campaigning against racial injustice.
Successful Applicants will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan;
- Hotel accommodation during the Summit;
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy);
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days);
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Summit hand-outs and support materials;
- An exclusive pre-Summit meet up with Leigh-Anne to share more about your work and devise solutions to scale your impact.
- Applicant should be aged 18 – 30.
- Living and making a positive impact in the United Kingdom.
- Sound understanding of injustices facing black, asian and ethnic minority people, and;
- A focused and strategic approach to dismantling racial injustice through creative expression or scalable activism.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information, visit One Young World.