Asia-Pacific Regional Youth Environment Forum Microgrants Competition 2021
Deadline: September 25, 2021
Applications are open for the Asia-Pacific Regional Youth Environment Forum Microgrants Competition 2021. The Children and Youth Major Group supported by the Republic of Korea (ROK) through UNEP Asia-Pacific Office is pleased to announce grants for small scale, ongoing projects for immediate and emerging needs.
The call for projects align with the Asia-Pacific Regional Youth Environment Forum (AP-RYEF) and the winners get the chance to present the status or the outcome of their projects in the Forum.
The forum welcomes applications that foster impactful environmental actions, it could be but not limited to awareness campaigns, community organizing, non-violent direct actions, small adaptive and mitigation efforts. The project should benefit Asia-Pacific regions, particularly marginalized groups including those living in poverty, women, youth, children, ethnic minorities and other environmentally vulnerable groups. They support a diverse range of projects as long as it enhances environmental sustainability, increases climate resilience and reduces loss and damage impacts. All grant recipients must produce a report by the end of their proposed timeline (in the application) to highlight their grant-funded activities and outcomes.
- They will support 5 projects with $300 USD each considering various factors such as but not limited to sub-regional balance and inclusion of minority communities.
The organisation/group should be:
- Youth focused/Youth-led Non-Profit Organization based in Asia-Pacific;
- Youth groups in minority communities;
- Youth-serving entity.
The activity/project should be:
- Implemented in the Asia-Pacific Region;
- In the initial phase with a further timeline of at least a month;
- Able to mobilize grassroots/local communities;
Send a concept note of no more than 2-3 pages including the following details:
- Name of the Organization
- Date of Establishment
- Formal/ Informal (Registered/ Unregistered)
- Focal person
- Email address
- Contact Number
- Sub-region/Country Covered
- Brief Rationale of the project
- Expected Outcomes
- No. of target participants
- Timeline of the project
- Budget Proposal (breakdown of how you plan to spend the funds)
- Documentation & report
For more information, visit AP-RYEF.