Deadline: September 29, 2021
Are you the voice of a new generation of leaders in the arts? Apply now for the Visual Arts Network of South Africa (VANSA) Cultural Leadership Program 2021.
Cultural leadership is one of the most significant ways we can collectively invest in the future of the arts sector, and grow the reach and impact of critical new voices on the rise. VANSA is excited to announce the launch of the VANSA Cultural Leadership Program – aimed at supporting the next generation of cultural leaders in the arts.
12 participants will be selected to participate in this ground-breaking investment in self-development and professional growth. The program will run online with sessions taking place from October 2021 until February 2022.
The program requires a high degree of commitment, integrity and self-discipline from applicants. It aims to capacitate participants to take up leadership roles in the arts and cultural sector across disciplines, so they can transform the landscape of the arts and cultural sector through their vision.
- Expect an intensive and exciting program including workshops, peer-learning, mentorship, coaching, self-development and career planning, professional skills development, access to industry leaders and a stipend to ensure you can dedicate time to fully participate in the program.
- Artists and cultural producers operating in South Africa from various areas of specialization across the cultural sector including the visual and performance/performing arts, cultural policy, archives, libraries, heritage, museums, digital and broadcasting media etc. can apply.
- Applicants should be interested in creating meaningful and sustainable change within their communities.
- If you are inspired by and committed to developing and deepening collaborative, socially engaged, and impactful community-based cultural programs, you are invited to apply.
You will be required to submit the following documents along with your application:
- Your updated curriculum vitae including contact details;
- A motivation letter (maximum of one page);
- A ‘Project Proposal’ – outlining your vision and practical outlook on implementing a change-making project as a cultural leader. This proposal and vision of what you want to see in the future needs to show us your approach, creative ideas around leadership and community and also how you want to contribute and transform. (maximum of one page)
- A letter of reference, and the names of two referees who know your potential and abilities
For more information, visit VANSA.