Deadline: September 30, 2021
Applications for the CcHUB Cybersecurity Academy 2021 are now open. The CcHUB Cybersecurity Academy is an institute focused on refining raw, technical talents in cybersecurity. The goal is to hatch professionals ready for the business world either as engineers or technical founders, help them get jobs with clients in and out of the continent, or support them in starting their own cybersecurity companies.
As more Africans and African businesses participate in the digital economy, the threat and attack risks increase, leaving more room for bad actors and cybercriminals to get involved. Africa already loses $3.5 billion annually to cybercrime, which is projected to reach $5 billion by 2022.
Despite this vast market for cybercriminals and the current technology talent explosion across the continent spearheaded by countries like Nigeria, Kenya, and Egypt, there is still a large employability gap in the cybersecurity sector. However, this is not due to a scarcity of cybersecurity talents.
The African market is in more demand for skilled cybersecurity talents than certified professionals can fill. This gap is one of the primary reasons for the increased and successful rates of cyberattacks on the continent. This is where the CcHUB Cybersecurity Academy comes in.
- Get trained by both top corporate Business and Cybersecurity professionals on the continent in the following domains:
- Cloud Security
- Threat Intelligence
- Pentesting and Vulnerability Management
- Communication and Personal Branding
- Startup and Innovation Ecosystem
- Get a 1-3 month paid placement within a core cybersecurity/business environment to corroborate their technical/theoretical knowledge.
- Receive support in terms of tools, materials, and other resources.
- Gain entry into a pipeline where they will be recommended and work with the partners, clients, and subsidiaries of Co-Creation Hub across Africa.
- Open only to Nigerians and Kenyans;
- Applicants are freelance technical talents who have learnt cybersecurity on their own by sheer will and are interested in becoming either of the following:
- Corporate employees
- Renowned freelancers/contractors
- Cybersecurity startup founders
Are you interested in cybersecurity? Applications are open until September 30, 2021.
For more information, visit CcHUB.