St. Gallen Symposium Global Essay Competition 2022 (CHF 20,000 prize)
Deadline: February 1, 2022
Applications are open for the St. Gallen Symposium Global Essay Competition 2022. Compete in the Global Essay Competition and be one of the top 100 contributors to qualify for an all-expenses covered participation as a Leader of Tomorrow in the world’s premier opportunity for cross-generational debates: The St. Gallen Symposium.
Meet 300 of society’s brightest young minds. Present and debate your ideas with 600 senior leaders. Be inspired by some of the world’s most impressive speakers. Gain a unique and new perspective on this year’s topic. Become a member of a unique global community. Participate in the symposium
They expect a professional, creative and thought-provoking essay. Be bold, unconventional, and distinctive on the competition question.
Topic Question: Collaborative Advantage: what should be written into a new intergenerational contract?
- Win prize money of CHF 20,000 split amongst the three winners.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program (master level or higher) in any field of study at a regular university;
- Born in 1992 or later.
- Essay (max. 2,100 words, excl. abstract, bibliography, and footnotes)
- Accepted language is English
- Your name, e-mail address, university, or any identifying details must not be mentioned anywhere in the contribution file.
- Individual work expected, no group work allowed. The essay must be written exclusively for this contest. The idea must be the author’s own.
- All sources must be cited and referred to the respective part in the essay. All contributions will be tested for plagiarism.
Make sure you can provide the following documents:
- Copy of passport or other identification (in English for non-Roman languages)
- Confirmation of matriculation/enrolment from your university which proves your enrollment in a graduate/postgraduate level program as of February 1, 2022 (download sample document here)
- Your contribution file with no indication of your name in the file name, the file metadata or the file itself
For more information, visit Global Essay Competition.