Deadline: October 31, 2021
Applications for the British Council Study UK Alumni Awards 2021-2022 are now open! Raise your international profile, build your professional networks and business connections, and win a trip to the UK: just some of the benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award.
The Alumni Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of alumni and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education. Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, professions and countries.
There are four award categories:
- Science and Sustainability Award – Recognising alumni who have distinguished themselves through their career and achievements in the world of science and sustainability, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond.
Areas of work could include: Climate action, clean energy, medicine, sustainable cities and communities, engineering, industry and construction.
- Culture and Creativity Award – Recognising alumni who have carved a career for themselves in arts and culture. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their artistic ingenuity, influence and creativity.
Areas of work could include: Arts, design, media, video, TV, music, sports, bloggers, vloggers, Youtubers and the humanities.
- Social Action Award – Recognising alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
Areas of work could include: Reducing inequality, poverty and hunger. Education and upskilling. Peace and justice.
- Business and Innovation Award – Recognising alumni who are active in initiating and contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities, that have the potential for growth.
Areas of work could include: Entrepreneurship, business, technology and finance.
- All selected award finalists benefit from increased PR and press opportunities that raise their profile and share their success with international audiences. Winners of the global awards will be celebrated on a global scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity.
- Opportunities to connect with people of influence at award ceremonies, and afterwards: Alumni Award winners in India met the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Queen’s birthday party celebrations in Delhi.
- Press and PR opportunities and increased national/regional/global profile: Alumni Award winners have been featured in national newspapers of participating countries, for example the Jakarta Post in Indonesia, and the Daily Graphic in Ghana .
- Professional contacts and connections.
- Reconnecting with UK university and the UK.
- Having a platform to be able to share experiences of UK education/career with others (particularly young people).
- Open to alumni living outside of the UK only (restrictions may apply to British passport holders).
Alumni must have studied:
- within the last 15 years (i.e. 2006 – 2021)
- enrolled at an officially recognised body or received a recognised award from a UK higher education institution
- at degree level or above (degree level is defined as band 9 and above on the UK NARIC band framework )
- either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), awarded by a recognised UK HEI, in their home country (Transnational Education – TNE/long distance).
All eligible applications will be assessed on the extent to which they meet the following five criteria:
- Impact: evidence of tangible impact, and scale of impact, of your work (inspired by your UK education) in your profession/community/society.
- UK Influence: evidence of how your UK education has played a key influence in your success and impact.
- Media Traction: Extent to which your success story is likely to resonate with local/regional/national media in your country of entry, or beyond (global media).
- Potential to Influence and Inspire: Extent to which (including capacity and willingness) you and your story are likely to influence and inspire the next generation of prospective internationally mobile students in your country of entry to choose the UK as their study destination.
- Quality of application
Applications close at 23.59 (GMT) for all countries except China, the deadline is October 31.
For more information, visit Study UK Alumni Awards.