Generation Google Scholarship 2022-2023 for Women in Gaming (Up to 7,000 EUR)
Deadline: December 10, 2021
Applications are open for the Generation Google Scholarship 2022-2023 for Women in Gaming. Google is expanding their Scholarship Program to support students pursuing gaming degrees to advance gender equality in gaming.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background. The program is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in gaming are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Be studying video game programing, game engineering, game design and development, or a closely related field in gaming.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in gaming.
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to five short answer essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
The deadline to apply will be at 11:59 PM GMT on Friday, December 10, 2021.
For more information, visit Generation Google Scholarship.