Deadline: December 17, 2021
Applications are open for the Indigenous Tourism BC “Spark” Mentorships & Grants Program 2021. The “Spark” Program will match selected candidates with a tourism mentor and provide a source of financial support to help take your great new tourism idea to the next level of development or implementation.
The goal is to inspire Indigenous entrepreneurs, small businesses and non-profit organizations to come forward with creative ideas that will generate new tourism opportunities, experiences and partnerships in the area.
Selected applicants will receive:
- 3 month mentorship with a tourism innovator, experienced operator, industry leader and/or sector expert.
- $5,000 “Spark” grant to support tourism idea development activities.
- Access to a support network of tourism innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders.
- Ongoing guidance on other resources and support services provided by partners.
- Open to indigenous tourism entrepreneurs, small businesses, community groups and non-profits based in British Columbia.
- Eligible businesses and organizations that are 51%+ Indigenous-owned, operated and controlled and will offer a bookable cultural experience.
- Applicants must be enrolled as an Indigenous Tourism BC member/stakeholder before submitting their “Spark” Program application.
Submit a short document (1,000 words maximum) with responses to each of the following 8 questions:
- Contact information (name, phone number, email, business/organization name, website)
- Tell them about yourself, your small business or non-profit organization.
- What’s your new Indigenous tourism idea?
- How is your idea innovative or unique?
- What stage are you at with your idea?
- Who are your target market(s) and/or partner(s)?
- How would you utilize the “Spark” mentorship and grant funds if selected?
- What are your hoped for outcomes and impacts?
Copy and paste these questions into a word document and provide a response for each, keeping the full application document to 1,000 words or less.
In addition to the application document, include a file or link to a short (1 minute maximum) unedited, unproduced video introducing yourself, your small business, or non-profit organization, and your new tourism idea. For example, use your smart phone to take the video, and then upload it to a file sharing service (eg. Dropbox, Google Docs) or a publicly accessible video sharing website such as YouTube (if you don’t want other people to find it, mark it as unlisted) and include the file or link in your email with your application document.
Submit your application to [email protected] by December 17, 2021 at 11:59pm PT and include “Indigenous Tourism BC Spark Application” in the subject line. Emails will be sent within 24 hours to confirm receipt of all applications. If you do not receive a confirmation email, send another email or call 1-844-455-0325 ext. 101 to make sure they received your application. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted or reviewed.
For more information, visit Spark Mentorships & Grants.